Become A Platinum Member
Exclusive access, offers and discounts on London’s most beautiful homes
We promise never to spam and never to overload
1. We, The Plum Guide of 39a Underwood Street, Islington, London N1 7LG, are the operator of the website www.plumguide.com.
2. The website is a platform which showcases, and allows Plum Guide Members to book, a collection of the world’s most professional, creative and inspiring spaces.
3. These terms apply to Plum Guide Members, as well as anyone who accesses our website.
4. Please note that these terms are in addition to our terms that apply to Plum Guide Members who reserve accommodation through our website (guests) and to Plum Guide Members who are hosts of accommodation (hosts). There may also be further documents that guests and hosts are required to enter into.
5. The most important thing for you to remember is that the website is a platform aiming to connect guests with hosts. We are not a party to any rental contract between a guest and a host, and we are not an owner or operator of any of the accommodation listed on our website. Whilst we will try to ensure that all guests are fine up-standing citizens and all hosts provide the accommodation in the magnificent state that you see before you, ultimately we are not responsible for any of their actions or inactions.
B. Becoming a Plum Guide Member
1. In order to become a Plum Guide Member (and therefore be able to list or rent accommodation through our website), you will need to create an account with us.
2. You will be asked to provide us with certain registration information – please make sure it is true and accurate – and we will send you an email confirmation once your account has been opened.
3. Only people over the age of 18 can create and account and become a Plum Guide Member. Also, please do not create more than one account with us - it’s not big and it’s not clever and we will terminate all your associated accounts.
4. If you choose a username and/or password during the account sign-up process, please keep it confidential and do not disclose it to anyone else.
C. Charges, fees and payments
1. Currently, there is no fee payable for becoming a Plum Guide Member (wahey!), but certain fees are payable in relation to our service (we have to feed our families somehow):
a. The Accommodation Charges: these are the charges that we collect from guests on behalf of hosts for the renting of the hosts’ accommodation and any additional services that have been ordered. The amount will be set out in the relevant Booking Confirmation. These are set out in paragraphs B and J of the Guest/Host and Host/Plum Agreements respectively.
b. The Security Deposit: this is the amount that is deducted from guests’ payment cards as a deposit against any damage caused to the relevant accommodation during each guest’s stay. The amount will be set out in the relevant Booking Confirmation and is applied as set out in paragraphs C3 and C4 of the Guest/Host Agreement. We do only deduct the security deposit on a successful claim by the host.
c. The Plum Service Fee: this is the fee that we charge to guests for the provision of our service. This is a percentage of the Accommodation Charges, will be set out in the Order Confirmation and is described further in paragraph B5 of the Guest/Host Agreement.
d. The Host Service Fee: this is the fee that we charge to hosts for the provision of our payment collection and distribution services. It is described further in paragraph J2 of the Host/Plum Agreement.
2. When, as a guest, you are required to provide us with payment card details, you must be the holder of that card or expressly authorised by the holder to use the card for the intended purpose. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or any users of your account at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your bookings and notified to you.
3. You acknowledge and agree that if we take any payments from you, we are doing so as an agent acting on behalf of the host and as the merchant on record for taking payments.
4. If you notify us that you have found accommodation you booked through The Plum Guide for a cheaper per-night accommodation fee on another website or platform, we will seek to recover from the host and seek to pay to you the monetary difference between the per-night accommodation fee you paid via The Plum Guide and the cheaper price, plus £50 compensation (each of which we shall pay to you).
5. We may round up or round down amounts that are payable from or to guests or hosts, as reasonably necessary.
6. If you are a guest and are due a refund under the host’s chosen cancellation policy (as set out in the Order Confirmation), we will pay that refund to you within 14 days after we receive notice of cancellation, provided that we have retained or are able to collect the relevant monies from the host. Please note that neither we, nor any host, will be responsible for any additional fees, costs or expenses that you have incurred in relation to a cancelled booking (including travel costs or event tickets). You are therefore strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance to cover any booking you make via The Plum Guide.
7. Guests shall be responsible for paying any hotel or tourist tax (or equivalent) that may be payable in relation to the rental of the relevant accommodation under applicable law.
D. Cancelling your Plum Guide Membership
1. You may cancel your registration with us (and therefore your Plum Guide Membership) at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
3. Please note that cancelling your membership will not entitle you to any refund in relation to accommodation that you have booked and paid for prior to the date of any cancellation or termination.
4. Once you cancel your registration with us, we have no obligation to return any information that you provided to us (including any profile you may have on our website).
5. For the avoidance of doubt, this section D does not apply to members who are hosts.
E. Content-related provisions
1. We, or our licensors, own all rights in our website and all content that is made available through our website, including all text and images in relation to the featured accommodation (digital content). This includes all intellectual property rights.
4. To the extent that our website provides a platform for third party applications, websites and services or links to third party websites, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the features or content contained within, or made available to you by, any third party application, service or link.
F. Access to and use of our website
2. You are not entitled to use any data mining, data gathering or data extraction tools to collect user names, e-mail addresses or any other data from our website for any purpose.
3. If we make available functionality which allows you to provide a review for use on our website, you agree that: (i) the review represents your honestly-held belief; (ii) we have the right to use that review on our website or other media platforms, and modify its content, at our discretion; (iii) we have the right to attribute that review to your username; and (iv) we may remove the review from our website at any time and in our sole discretion. We disclaim any and all liability, to the extent permitted by applicable law, in relation to any reviews on our website.
4. We want nice people to be Plum Guide hosts. However, we do not check their identities or backgrounds (including, for example, whether they have a criminal record) so, if you are a guest, please do your own due diligence.
1. Our website and the digital content are provided “as is” and to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or our digital content, whether express or implied. In particular (but without limitation) we exclude any warranty as to the reliability or accuracy of any of the digital content.
3. Our liability to Plum Guide Members in their capacity as hosts shall be as set out in the Host/Plum Agreement.
1. In the event of any dispute between a host and a guest, please follow the complaints procedure set out in section I of the Guest/Host Agreement.
3. We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You must not: (i) misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful; (ii) attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server(s) on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website; or (iii) attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. In short, don’t be naughty.
4. We may notify you by using the email address that you provided to us in the account registration stage.
5. We may monitor, review, respond or delete any message that has been communicated on our messaging platform, whether they be from a guest to a host, or a host to a guest.
8. To contact us, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on: 11/03/2016