This Map Shows Where to Have the Best Sleep in London
We reveal the London neighbourhoods guaranteed to give you the best sleep.
We've put our collection of 1,800 world-class London homes through their paces by rigorously testing everything from tog to decibel levels.
Our expert home critics revealed that Kensington took the top spot for the number of homes boasting super-king beds (68%), perfect for those star-fish sleepers. Those with the finer things in mind should look no further than Greenwich, where 62% of Plum Guide homes are blessed with Egyptian cotton bed linen or 800+ thread count sheets.
Balham boasts the number of homes with the highest number of 13.5 tog level duvets (74%), providing the right amount of snug with just enough weight, whilst Canary Wharf took the crown for the neighbourhood with the highest standard of mattress (65%).
The Ivory Townhouse, Balham
Fly Me To The Moon, Shoreditch
Space Odyssey, Kensington
- Mattress rated out of poor, standard and high-quality
- Size of bed
- Lowest average decibel levels in the bedroom
- High quality of linen, ranging from French linen, Egyptian cotton and 800+ thread count
- High quality of pillows, ranging from Soak and Sleep, Tempur, Casper or Eve
- Best blinds that keep the sunlight out in the morning
- Best quality duvet
- Best tog level
The Lavender House, Canary Wharf
Developed by gathering insights from psychologists, designers, hoteliers, travellers and architects, our test determines the precise ingredients a space needs to deliver a perfect stay.