The Unmissable List of Places to Go In Paris
We've compiled an essential list of must-see places in Paris to visit, especially for tourists
The French capital is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Packed with gorgeous architecture, world-famous restaurants and trendy venues, there’s something for everyone under this iconic skyline.
Paris is famous for its up-market restaurants and quirky cafés. Here’s our pick of some of the city’s best eateries for you to try on your trip.
- Coutume CaféSituated on Paris’ trendy Left Bank, this is THE place to grab a coffee in Paris. The fresh decor and delicious cakes make this a quintessentially French experience you can’t miss
- VerjusQuite simply, Verjus is regarded as one of the best restaurants in the world. They combine classic French cuisine with a contemporary menu, for an authentic sense of Paris, both past and present.
- Le CinqThe gourmet restaurant to end them all, the interior alone at Le Cinq will make you feel like you’re in a fairy-tale. Chef Christian Le Squer perfectly balances simplicity with the complex art of French cooking. Pricey, but totally worth it.
- AngelinaDiscover a traditional Parisian café that is loved by both visitors and locals alike. Founded in 1903, the patisserie section is to die for and the coffee is among the best in the city.
- Pur' - Jean-François RouquetteThis prestigious establishment holds an elusive Michelin Star and features one of the culinary masterminds of the city. Be prepared to be bowled over by the delicious, inventive menu, as it takes you on a journey through France and beyond.
The Top Five Places to enjoy a Drink
Packed with high-end bars and cosy pubs to satisfy even the most discerning wine guzzler, here are the best places to enjoy a drink in Paris.
- Le Ballroom du BeefclubBehind the Beefclub restaurant, behind an old black door, down a spiral staircase, hides the Ballroom. Luxuriously comfortable, cosy and with an air of decadent chic that only a Paris bar could have, take your pick from a vast range of cocktails, wines and tasty light meals.
- La MezcaleriaParis can do much, much more than French experiences. Discover La Mezcaleria, the bar of one of the city’s most prestigious hotels. The hub of swanky events, visit this bar for delicious cocktails and delicious Mexican-inspired food.
- Au Rendez-vous des AmisEven if you’re not much of a drinker, Au Rendez-vous des Amis is a must-visit. Lauded as one of Paris’ most authentic dive bars, the venue sits in Montmartre, has divine food and impeccable service; perfect for a late lunch or evening out.
- Le CoqThe chic decor and colourful clientele are only part of what makes Le Coq a must-visit. The vibrant array of classic and contemporary cocktails made by the city’s finest mixologists will make you feel like a kid in a sweetshop.
- Chez GeorgesBook a table at Chez Georges and we promise you won’t be disappointed. Exquisite food aside, the short wine list is an impressive collection of France’s finest, fit for even the most discerning wine connoisseur.
Our Favourite Buildings in Paris
From its iconic skyline to its charming backstreets, you can’t visit Paris without admiring its distinctive architecture. Here’s your checklist for the buildings you simply must see.
- Arc de TriompheOne of Paris’ most famous monuments, the Arc de Triomphe is a tribute to soldiers who gave their lives in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars. Located on the west end of Paris’ most famous boulevards, the Champs-Élysées, the Arc is must-visit for history buffs.
- Eiffel TowerNo trip to the French capital would be complete without a trip to, or up the Eiffel Tower. Ticket prices and queuing time should be taken into consideration, but if you do choose to go up, the views of Paris are just spectacular.
- Notre-Dame CathedralThis medieval cathedral lives up to its famous name. Whether you know anything about architecture or not, this is one of the finest examples of it that Paris has to offer.
- Place des VosgesThe oldest square in Paris, the Place des Vosges is a gorgeous stretch of lush green grass, surrounding by quintessential Parisian architecture and a 17th Century fountain in the middle.
The Essential Galleries & Museums in Paris
Paris is well-known for its vibrant art scene and eclectic mix of venues. Here are some of the best places to go for a spot of cultural entertainment.
- Musée de MontmartreDiscover the illustrious history of the Montmartre district at this dedicated museum. Packed with original paintings by Toulouse-Lautrec and Modigliani, this is one of the finest places to observe Paris’ historical talent for all things arty.
- Opéra BastilleAn opera house for the present day, the Opéra Bastille is home to some of the finest theatre productions and operatic performances you will have ever see. Book an evening there and you won’t regret it.
- The LouvreThe architecture is breath-taking, the setting iconic: The Louvre is the largest museum in the world. Entry is around the 9 Euro mark, but off-peak times are a little cheaper.
- La BellevilloiseThe capitals trendy hub for exhibitions, independent film screenings and other events. The café is great, and there’s always something going on to be enjoyed by visitors and Parisians.
How to Enjoy the Outdoors in Paris
Love the outdoors? Paris is full of ways to enjoy it. With its parks, gardens and outdoor activities, there’s a little something for everyone to enjoy the Parisian fresh air.
- Jardin des PlantesThe city’s main botanical garden is also regarded as France’s best offering to the world of gardening. Nestled beside the Museum of Natural History, the Jardin des Plantes is an intricate labyrinth of flowers, ponds and a menagerie.
- Au VéloWhat better way to explore Paris than by bike? You can easily rent one from the Vélib' bike-rental program, and enjoy cycles along the Seine, explore Paris’ parks and gardens and skip the traffic.
- WoodlandParis is home to two stunning areas of woods: the Bois de Vincennes in the east, and the Bois de Boulogne in the west. On a sunny day, explore the woods or go punting on the lake that spans between them.